There are so many things you can do with summer squash — risotto, soup, stir-fry. This recipe is a delicious pasta recipe that involves frying up the summer squash with salsa, garlic and chili flakes. Zucchini can also be used in place of summer squash.
- 300 grams of uncooked spaghetti
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons of mild salsa
- 4 cups thinly sliced strips of summer squash
- 1 cup of chopped tomato, fresh not canned
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese (shaved or grated)
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat a large pan, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Sauté for 1 minute. Add salsa, and sauté for another minute. Add summer squash, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato, stir for another minute. Add spaghetti and salt, and mix together. Top with parmesan cheese.